Jan. 20, 2017
Healthy Chicken Fajita Bowls
- 4 chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 cups of cooked white or brown rice
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp. oil
- Additional optional ingredients: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, salsa
- Preheat a skillet to medium high heat and add oil. Sprinkle chicken, onions, and peppers with half the fajita seasoning.
- When skillet is hot, add the chicken, peppers, and onions. Cook until 6-8 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove all ingredients from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add corn and black beans. Add the remaining fajita seasoning. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until the beans and corn are warmed through.
- To assemble your bowl, fill with rice and then top with chicken, onions, peppers, corn, and black beans. Add additional toppings as desired.
Need a Real Estate Consultant? Just ask any of our real estate consultants at RE/MAX Alliance REALTORS providing Albuquerque real estate needs, Santa Fe real estate needs, Rio Rancho real estate needs: Nancy Bashore , George Bashore, Alice Meyerhoff, Bill Nelson, Alene Joyner, Karen McDaniel, Kevin Ramos, Lea Beth LaDue, Linn Reece, Melissa Morenus, Yvonne Chavez, Yvonne Gonzales, Christopher Doyle, Jill Newman, Larry McCarty, RE/MAX Alliance REALTORS, Legacy Mortgage